1. How’s the Weather? — Temperatures are expected to hit a high of 30 degrees today with conditions being mostly sunny. During the evening it’s supposed to drop to a low of 22 degrees.
2. Education Grant Coming to Wallingford — The Wallingford Education Foundation will be receiving a $25,000 grant from the 3M Health Systems Corporation, according to The Record Journal newspaper. The money is expected to go toward repairing the planitarium at the high school, the newspaper reported.
3. Town Compost Centere Closed Until March — In case you missed it, the town closed its compost center earlier this week for the duration of the cold winter months. It will reopen again on March 15, according to the Wallingford municipal website.
4. Vendors Show — This Sunday, there will be a number of vendors participating in a show called “Snowy Days of CT.” The event is happening at the VFW on Prince Street at 11 a.m. Click here for all of the details.
5. “New Connecticut” — Our local historian, Phil Devlin, wrote up a great historical piece about how many people who settled Vermont were from Connecticut. Come check out the whole blog.