1. How’s the weather? — The cold front continues. It’s supposed to get up to a high of 20 degrees but, as the National Weather Service warns us, with the wind chills it is going to feel like -7. Tonight, a low of 1 degrees. Yeah, and that’s Farenheit. Stay warm Wallingford!
2. Looking for a job? — The town is sponsoring a “management re-employment workshop” on Feb. 8 to help job seekers in their quest for employment. It’s a free event and includes lunch. Reserve a seat by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Robert Fort at 203-624-1493 x242. Seating is limited. Check the town’s website for further details.
3. The public doensn't fancy cell service providers — More American consumers complained about cellular telephone service and suppliers in 2012 than any other type of business, the Better Business Bureau reports in a blog post on Patch.
4. Keep pets inside during deep freeze — Did you know that dogs can lose their scent during a snow storm? There are a lot of important facts like this one the ASPCA tells us in an announcement posted on Patch.
5. Living with congestive heart failure — The Wallingford Public Library is sponsoring an interesting presentation by Dr. Ronald Schwartz, a Masonicare medical director, who will discuss many heart failure-related issues. Take a look at the library’s event page here.